Employer: Tanzania Water and Environmental Sanitation (TWESA)
Position: Finance Officer
Location: Kasulu, Kigoma region
Duration: Full-time position with contract until 31st December 2016
Application deadline: 17:00hrs on Saturday 24th September 2016
TWESA is a Tanzanian NGO that was formed in 1997 to relieve suffering of disaster victims in emergencies and of poor communities in needy areas, through development and implementation of improved and protected water supply, environmental sanitation and hygiene.
TWESA implements water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) services and facilities in the Kagera and Kigoma regions of Tanzania, including in the Nyarugusu, Nduta and Mtendeli refugees camps.
All TWESA employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: accountability, impartiality, compassion, non-discrimination and excellence. These attitudes and beliefs shall guide our actions and relationships. TWESA is an equal opportunity employer – women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Roles and responsibilities
The Finance Officer will be based in Kasulu and be directly responsible to the TWESA Kasulu Administration and Finance Officer. The Finance Officer will work with the Administration and Finance Officer to ensure that TWESA’s financial policies and procedures are adhered to, that finances are properly managed and monitored and that accurate financial records are maintained.
The responsibilities of the Finance Officer will include the following:
Initiate preparation of payment vouchers
Originate basic accounting documents and post to the ledger
Post vouchers to the accounting database/system
Conduct reconciliation of accounts
Dispatch signed cheques
Manage petty cash
Assist with preparation and finalization of budgets
Assist with preparation of financial reports
Maintain proper filing of all accounting documents
Knowledge and familiarity with donors’ rules and regulations
Perform any other related duties as may be assigned from time to time
Required academic qualifications
– Minimum of Advanced Level Diploma in Accounting, Finance, Commerce or similar field
Desired professional competencies
– Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in accounting or finance, preferably including experience with a non-profit organisation
– Good computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, email and internet
– Proficient in the use of spreadsheets and accounting packages, including QuickBooks
– Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Swahili
Desired personal competencies
– Sensitive to cultural differences and able to work with a wide range of people
– Able to engage positively with colleagues, donors and partners
– Excellent time management skills
– Honest and trustworthy
– Excellent attention to detail
– Highly motivated and enthusiastic
How to Apply
Applications are accepted from Tanzanian citizens only. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications will also be accepted in hard copy at the TWESA offices in Dar es Salaam or Kasulu.
Please mention the position “Finance Officer” in your email subject.
Applications must be received by 17:00 on Saturday 24th September 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +255 282 810 210